MI.BO. is the next generation of whole-body well-being. Developed over 3 years of intensive legacy research and market studies. MI.BO.’s proprietary and patent-able technology creates a healthy workout opportunity for professionals & enthusiasts as well as everyday people in all walks of their life to LIVFIT.
MI.BO. uses its technological superiority to protect you from the COVID-19 crisis-related challenges. We have created fitness solutions that provide safe fitness with social distancing, contactless training, unshared surfaces, workout islands within trust circles and with autonomous hygiene.
INNOVATIVE THINKING, PERFECT ENGINEERING
Bionics, or biologically inspired engineering, is the application of biological methods and systems found in nature to the study and design of engineering systems and modern technology. Nature itself is where we find answers. Higher, faster, further, better is just the result of this thinking.
MI.BO. is all about bringing refined muscle activation, dynamic reflex, and reaction engagement to support maximum power and optimized body motion to provide motivation and results. This is the basic ethos of MIBO’s bionic design, an interdisciplinary field which deals with structures, methods, and processes found in biological systems.
Our bionic design process incorporates both form aspects and functional principles in our electronics, software, and bio-mechanical product development process. Perfectly positioned technology is used by patented solutions to meet our bionic ethos of FAST-FIT-EASY.
Courtesy University of California
MI.BO. is where proven bioscience becomes cutting edge fitness technology.
Isn’t that awesome!
The body-science of motion
One of the key brain areas that control body movement is called the motor cortex. The motor cortex controls body muscles by sending electrical signals from its neurons to targeted groups of muscle fibers, causing them to contract. By combining these muscle contractions, the brain causes a body’s motion. It tells muscles to make the complex movements required using a muscle recruitment process.
Your current muscle mass is influenced by your lifestyle. Inactive lifestyle induces rapid muscle regression resulting in loss of muscle mass and corresponding lowered strength and endurance for the body.
Whether you’re training for a marathon, simply jogging, walking or working-out in the gym, the muscle recruitment order remains the same.
When you maximally contract a muscle, at best, only 30% of all your muscle fibers are in a state of contraction. The remaining 70% are dormant and awaiting recruitment when the contracting fibers fatigue. Slow-twitch muscle fibers contract and tire slowly; they are responsible for supporting muscle strength and endurance. Fast-twitch muscle fibers contract quickly but require lots of energy and tire quickly as well. Slow twitch (red) fiber is used first to support voluntary contractions, as it is energy efficient, though not very powerful. Once these are exhausted only then strong, but voracious, fast-twitch (white) fiber is added to handle the load selectively. In addition, muscles work their individual fibers in relays, always holding some back from even the most demanding load to maintain a reserve.
Recruitment velocity is the rate at which a muscle fiber can achieve maximum tension, varying from 20 milliseconds for white fiber to 65 milliseconds for red fiber. Recruitment rates vary since red fiber gets a “head start” in voluntary contractions as white fiber is only added in as needed once the load has been determined. Therefore, it’s impossible to voluntarily contract all fibers simultaneously. The order of recruitment makes it likely that most of the fibers held in reserve will be white.
MI.BO.’s Bionic designed technologies are meant to be paired together with training routines and workout programs to enhance fitness performance, and support muscle recovery in between workouts or post-workout. When correctly and consistently integrated into your workout routine, MI.BO. helps support your fitness journey at all stages and at any fitness level.